Current Time/Date Screen Location

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
MourningStar

Current Time/Date Screen Location

Post by MourningStar »

There are 4 corner locations for displaying this, T-L, B-L, T-R, B-R. This displays permanently thru any transition. Unless there is a way I am not aware of I request for an option that the display randomly alternate among the 4 locations. If I recall, screensavers were originally created to lessen/prevent a screen 'burn' so-to-speak. Running screensavers for hours, permanent location of the time display or any of the other on-screen display options (weather, clock, etc.) could do this.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Current Time/Date Screen Location

Post by gpb »

With modern displays permanent "burn-in" is not an issue any longer otherwise think to the windows 11 task bar with the search box, all monitors should have the windows flag and the white box burned in forever.
Anyway... gPhotoShow offers you way to move the displayed text: Open setttins "Informations" page "Current Date/time" settings -> "Text Settings"
In this window tick the options:
- Add Random offset to horiz. margin, Add Random offset to vert. margin
With both checkbox ticked gPhotoShow will slighly move the text every minute

Every text displayed by gPhotoShow have those options.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
MourningStar

Re: Current Time/Date Screen Location

Post by MourningStar »

Let's agree to disagree on the "burn-in" topic. I (and possibly others) avoid any 'chance' of taskbar burn-in via it's autohide option. Other non-screensaver users and/or energy conservationists would simply have their monitors shut off after a period inactivity.

Your tip regarding the margin offset is an acceptable solution. However, I still prefer the random 4 location enhancement and submit it as a feature request.

thank you,
-Marc.