Image file list is empty.

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
jpuhalla

Image file list is empty.

Post by jpuhalla »

Message happened after I moved some files into subfolder and then rescanned thefolders for changes. The error is followed by a "no file to display" message followed by a "settings is filters page excluded all files" when no changes were ever made there and there are zero exclusion. Next it tells me it can't load a file that I moved into a subdirectory. Rescaning for changes say no files have been changed. Setting the program to look to a complete differeent directory with a completely different set of files yeilds the same set of messages and the same reference to the moved file (despite the fact that I asked to program to look in an entirely different place by now).

Rebooted and restarted the proigam multiple times. Added new folders, files, and files in folders and nothing. Always says that the file list is empty, the filters are excluding all files, and tells me it can't load an old file from an old and no longer referenced location. Its like the file list is frozen and it won't reset. All this time I did see an acurate count of images on the first settings screen where you set the files and folders.

Worked great until I moved the files. Had previous versions of program and never saw this error.
jpuhalla

Re: Image file list is empty.

Post by jpuhalla »

I ended up removing the program (did a hunt for leftover files and what not and didn't find anything in appdata or the registry or the install directory). Reinstalled and used an option to remove settings for a clean install. And its back.

One of the weirder things about this was that I would go to the commands menu and choose view files list and it would show a whole bunch of files from the correct location. I will be very reluctant to "rearrange or rename" anything in the future.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Image file list is empty.

Post by gpb »

Hello,
I was unable to reproduce the problem, I moved the images to different folders and the command "Scan folders for changed files" was always able to find the new files.
Is it possible you added all files directly to Wallpaper Images list instead of adding the root folder ? In this case the program will not update the paths but you must remove and all all files.
One of the weirder things about this was that I would go to the commands menu and choose view files list and it would show a whole bunch of files from the correct location
The command "View files" does the same thing as "Scan folders for changed files" from the system tray menu, the difference is that the scan "merges" the old and new files, however in the case of moved files there should be no difference.
The page Options-> "Files Options" has a "Reset" button to clear the cached files list just in case old files are not removed for some reason.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com