Wallpaper Slideshow Pro doesn't work

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
lilolin

Wallpaper Slideshow Pro doesn't work

Post by lilolin »

Hello folks,

since a few days my Pro-version of wallpaper slideshow doesn't work as it us to do.

I'm using Win11 and I tried to change the settings under PERSONALISATION - Background from picture to slideshow - doesn't work as intended.
Next I made a registry-change, adding NoChangingWallpaper-entry with value "0" - doesn't work.

I guess that probably some Win11-update caused this error.

Would be glad if you could give me some help - thanks in advance.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Wallpaper Slideshow Pro doesn't work

Post by gpb »

Hello,
when using WallpaperSS you should change window settings in the personalisation page, in particular you should not change it to slideshow. WallpaperSS is a third party program and doesn't use the settings in personalisation.
Check WallpaperSS settings, make sure the configured path exists and there are images to display, to do this click on "Commands" button and choose "View files list". Then try to manually trigger wallpaper change (right click on WallpaperSS icon and choose "Change wallpaper now")
WallpaperSS creates a bitmap then sets it as wallpaper, check the folder :
C:\Users\YourUserName\AppData\Roaming\WallpaperSSPro

you should see a file name Wallpaper.bmp, it's created by WallpaperSS when changing background. Check its date and time, it should be created when you changed wallpaper.
If the file is updated and windows background didn't change then it is possible it's windows problem. Try to restart windows, usually it fixes the problem
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
hpeters

Post by hpeters »

Hi,
I have since some days black screens and no slide show.
But when I look at the bitmap, I can see that there should be pictures shown and also changed regulary.
Any idea what the reason could be?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

hpeters wrote: Sat Feb 10, 2024 8:39 pm I have since some days black screens and no slide show.
But when I look at the bitmap, I can see that there should be pictures shown and also changed regulary.
Any idea what the reason could be?
Usually this happens when windows fails to change wallpaper, a computer restart usually fixes the issue
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com