Power Options

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
SteveMartinUSA

Power Options

Post by SteveMartinUSA »

Greetings, I have my power options to turn off the monitor after 3 hours when plugged in, but gPhotoShow continues to run. Is there a way to stop the slideshow and let the monitor turn off?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Power Options

Post by gpb »

Hello,
which gPhotoShow version are you using ?
If you are using gPhotoShow pro and display also video it is normal that power management doesn't turn off monitor since all video player prevents windows from turning off monitor.
If you just display pictures power management should work. In any case if you are using gPhotoShow pro you could install the monitot on/off plug that turns off monitor regardless of windows power management:
https://www.gphotoshow.com/plugin-monitoronoff.htm
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
SteveMartinUSA

Post by SteveMartinUSA »

Yes, I've included videos in my screensaver. I don't know if turning the monitor on/off at predetermined times is what I'm looking for, but maybe "or after a specified amount of time". Now that I've installed the plugin how do I get to its controls?

There are more options on gPhotoShow than on Davinci Resolve and they're not always easy to find.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Any video player disables windows power options, the only way to power off monitors after a specified period of time is to use Monitor OnOff plugin.
It's very easy to configure:
- open screen saver settings
- go to Plugins page
- double click on MonitorOnOff
- Tick "plugin enabled"
- Tick "Switch off monitor after a specified period of time"
- enter the time
- close all windows with OK
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com