Screen saver goes to black and then lock screen

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
quigs

Screen saver goes to black and then lock screen

Post by quigs »

I've been using the screen saver with ControlSS for some time now and I love it. Everything was working great until the last few days. Now when I either use a hot corner or the normal delay time expires and the screen saver should start, it instead goes black for a second or two and then goes to the lock screen. I'm guessing a Windows update did something.

I'm running 64-bit (x64-based processor) Windows 10 Pro Version 1903 (OS build 18362.145)
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Screen saver goes to black and then lock screen

Post by gpb »

Hello,
hard to guess what happens, try to open gPhotoShow pro settings window, check settings and run the preview from there.
If windows updated from a previous version to 1903 maybe you need to install gPhotoShow again.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
quigs

Re: Screen saver goes to black and then lock screen

Post by quigs »

Thanks for your quick response. (It's taken me a lot longer to get back to you.)

I think I finally figured it out. (I obviously wasn't looking at things closely enough.) When I right-click on the ControlSS tray icon, the screen saver wasn't enabled. I think I was trying to double-click the icon next to ControlSS and accidently double-clicked ControlSS instead. I just re-enabled the screen saver and it appears to be working fine.

You've got great products and give great support.

Thank you!