Surround sound

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
zls

Surround sound

Post by zls »

Can gPhotoShow Free work with surround sound?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Surround sound

Post by gpb »

gPhotoShow sends audio files to windows media player, it is not aware of their contents so it may work or not, it depends on media player.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
zls

Post by zls »

Can it work with any other player?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

No, only windows media player
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
zls

Post by zls »

I am seeing an option to use winamp or iTunes for playback. You're saying only Windows media player. Which is correct?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

gPhotoShow Free can only play music with windows media player, gPhotoShow Pro in addition can send commands to WinAmp or iTunes. Please keep in mind support for WinAmp is limited to version 2.x but it should work also with version 5
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
zls

Post by zls »

I have the latest pro version.
I have installed a codec which allows media player to play ac3 files which works when I open one but the same file will not play or even show up in gphoto pro. Adding ac3 to the list of acceptable files didn't help.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Here is the section for the Free version of gPhotoShow, if you write here I think are writing about it.
Anyway I don't understand whether gPhotoShow doesn't see ac3 files or doesn't play them correctly, in the first case you have to add the ac3 extension in the "File types" window, make sure you enter only ac3 not *.ac3 or anything else, then in the sound page click on the "View Files" button to check whether gPhotoShow finds the files.
In the second case I am sorry but I have no way to control what media player does, gPhotoShow sends it a file to play but has no way to tell it how to play the file.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com