MQTT Remote Control Vocabulary

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
halj78727

MQTT Remote Control Vocabulary

Post by halj78727 »

I'm in the process of implementing a digital pictureframe following your wonderful instructions. This page (https://www.gphotoshow.com/digital-pict ... diy-5.html) briefly describes some of the commands that are available but it is a little sketchy and I assume incomplete. Is there a more complete list of the vocabulary available? In particular, is there a way to specify the keyword exclude filter? And I assume there is some command word for "previous" or "back".

Thank you!
gpb
Site Admin

Re: MQTT Remote Control Vocabulary

Post by gpb »

Hello,
plugin help page contains the full commands list, to exclude images with specific keywords send the topic kwd_exclude

Payload must contain a list of comma separated keywords.
Keywords may contain wildcards (*,?)
An empty payload removes the filter

Example:
lanscape,mountain,sea

Here is the full list of topics MQTT listens to:

pause: Pause/resume slideshow
back: Skip to previous image
next: Skip to next image
quit: Closes gPhotoShow
monitor: Toggles monitor power (on/off)
restart: Restarts slideshow, scan all folders and rebuilds file slist
mute: Toggles audio output
audio: Pause/resume music play
videoaudio: Enable/disable audio from video files
videopause: Pause/resume video play
videorw: Video rewind
videoff: Video fast forward
delay: Sets a new delay between images, payload must contain a number of seconds
date_filter: Sets a filter based on file date
date_nofilter: Disables date filter
kwd_filter: Sets a filter based on keywords
rating_filter: Sets a filter based on rating
kwd_exclude: Sets an exclusion filter based on keywords
rating_exclude: Sets an exclude filter based on rating
no_filter: Disables keyword and rating filters
no_exclude: Disables keyword and rating esclusions
directory: Enable/disable one or more directory, payload must be a text following this syntax:
exteditor: Runs the program configured in gPhotoShow as external editor
extool1: Runs external tool 1
extool2: Runs external tool 2
extool3: Runs external tool 3
delete: Sends current image to recycle bin. This command is useful only with single monitor, otherwise it may open a thumbanil window
exclude: Add current image to exclusion list. This command is useful only with single monitor, otherwise it may open a thumbanil window
shortcut Copies or creates a shortcut to current image according to gPhotoShow settings
filename: Displays current image filename
wallpaper: Sets current image as desktop wallpaper
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
halj78727

Post by halj78727 »

Oops! Sorry I missed the help file. Kind of a rookie mistake.

Thanks for your help!
halj78727

Post by halj78727 »

Is there a way to enable/disable the Weather Info plugin through MQTT?

Apparently, kwd_filter and kwd_exclude both use the "Contain (use *?)" setting. Is there a way through MQTT to set either of them to "Do not contain (use *?)"? The main reason I'm asking this is because using "Contain" on the kwd_filter and "Do not contain" on the kwd_exclude is a way to get an "AND" condition (e.g. show me photos that contain "Mexico" but exclude photos that do not contain "2020" is a way to obtain just the 2020 photos from Mexico).

Thank you!
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

halj78727 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:58 pm Is there a way to enable/disable the Weather Info plugin through MQTT?
No, with current gPhotoShow version there is no way to disable/enable plugins display.
halj78727 wrote: Wed Mar 10, 2021 7:58 pm Apparently, kwd_filter and kwd_exclude both use the "Contain (use *?)" setting. Is there a way through MQTT to set either of them to "Do not contain (use *?)"? The main reason I'm asking this is because using "Contain" on the kwd_filter and "Do not contain" on the kwd_exclude is a way to get an "AND" condition (e.g. show me photos that contain "Mexico" but exclude photos that do not contain "2020" is a way to obtain just the 2020 photos from Mexico).
gPhotoShow Pro version 8.4.2 released today allows you to use "Do not contain" operation if the first character of the payload is an exclamation point. For example to display pictures that "do not contain" 2020 specify "!2020". Exclamation point must be specified only once even if there are more keywords: "!2020,2021"

MQTT plugin doesn't need to be updated, it only contains an updated help page.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
halj78727

Post by halj78727 »

Thank you so much for your response and good news!