Media keys while screen saver is running.

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Rob49152

Media keys while screen saver is running.

Post by Rob49152 »

So I have another strange bug to report. Starting the screen saver in different ways either works with media keys or doesn't/

1. If I start the screen saver by going to the system tray > right-click on gPhotoshow Pro 8 64-bit > Screen Savers > Start > gPhotoshow Pro 8 64-bit then the media keys on my keyboard work fine. I can play/stop/pause/mute and go to next or previous track

2 If I start the screen saver by going to the system tray > right-click on gPhotoshow Pro 8 64-bit > Start Screensaver then the media keys do not work

3. Use a hotkey to start the screen saver then the media keys do not work.

4. if I preview the screen saver then the media keys work fine.

Doesn't matter the type of setting (scrapbook or photo wall). The volume keys work fine.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Media keys while screen saver is running.

Post by gpb »

It is not clear in which way you start the screen save but basically there are two ways:
1) start gPhotoShow directly (for example with the Preview button)
2) windows starts the configured screen saver (for example when idle time expires or with ControlSS menu item Start Screen Saver)
I guess media keys work in case (1) and do not work in case (2), this happens because in case (2) gPhotoShow is started by windows on its own desktop while all running programs are on your desktop that now is not visible. If media keys are handled by a specific utility there is no way to make them to work because that utility is on a hidden desktop.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com