Previous Image Button only Works on One Monitor

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
David47

Previous Image Button only Works on One Monitor

Post by David47 »

Hi All,
First post and I'm sure it is only my ignorance causing the issue (I'm old).
I have a W10, two monitor set-up, using Display Fusion and gPhotoPro for the screen saver, which I have set to display a different image on each screen.
All fine there, but since I transferred my software over to a new build, earlier this year, when I press the DOWN button on the keyboard to see a previous image, it only affects one of the monitors, not both as it had on the previous PC.

I thought it was only because I had not set up the 'keys' settings, for each monitor separately, but the settings for each screen are the same.
I can't decide whether it is a Display Fusion issue or gPhoto, but they are both so complex in all their options, I can't see what might be the issue.

Any thoughts, anyone?
Thanks,
David47
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Previous Image Button only Works on One Monitor

Post by gpb »

Hi,
by default gPhotoShow is configured to use the UP arrow key to skip to previous image. DOWN arrow skip to next image, anyway both hotkeys affects all monitors.
There is no way to change image on a single monitor, but you have to leave the multiple monitor handling to gPhotoShow. I don't know DisplayFusion but if you use it to run multiple instances of gPhotoShow in preview mode hotkeys will not work correctly.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
David47

Post by David47 »

Hmmm.
Seems the two programmes don't want to co-operate since the last set of updates.
Certainly it is Display Fusion which controls the monitors and I only have gPhoto for the screen saver settings.
Strange though, as the down arrow always worked on both monitors before I built this new PC.
Looks like I will have to hope things get back on track with future updates.
Many thanks,
David
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

The issue don't depend from the updates but is caused by the way you configured Display Fusion.
Multiple monitors must be handled by gPhotoShow, it is able to use all available monitors.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com