Not working with 4K screen and Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX video card

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
geotwitcher

Not working with 4K screen and Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX video card

Post by geotwitcher »

I've been using paid version of gphotoshow for years with a particular PC. However I just changed from using the onboard video by installing a new Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX video card connected to a 4K (3840*2160) TV via HDMI2 and now it doesnt work. It doesn't produce any errors. The screen just remains blank. Everything elseworks fine.

I'm now using the inbuilt Windows 10 Photos screensaver. However it has very limited configurability, and won't display captions, so I want to continue to use gphotoshow.

What's the problem here? Is there anything I can do to get it working?

John
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Not working with 4K screen and Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX video card

Post by gpb »

Hello,
hard to guess what is going wrong there, gPhotoShow pro by default uses DirectX there is nothing to set or configure.
You can try to enable error logging in the About page of settings window, then wait for gPhotoShow to start, open again the settings window and get the error log.
Maybe it can be useful to understand the reason of the problem.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
geotwitcher

Re: Not working with 4K screen and Palit GeForce GTX 1050 Ti KalmX video card

Post by geotwitcher »

All fixed!

I noticed I had the 32bit installed instead of the 64bit, not sure why. I uninstalled the 32bit. Installed the 64bit, loaded the previously saved profile. It seemed to take a long time for the first photo to appear. I checked the log file, but it just seemed to indicate that I needed to wait even longer, so I did (1-2 min), and then the first picture appeared fine, followed by others after the set interval. Since then the first photo only takes less than 10seconds to appear. I'm not sure what caused the initial delay, but all good now!

Thanks,

John