Google Connect Plugin Hangs

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
jacobson.aaron

Google Connect Plugin Hangs

Post by jacobson.aaron »

Hello,

I am trying to use the Google Connect Plugin and it is Not Resoponsive and hangs indefinitely after I initially log into my account.

I've installed it on 2 machines and I experience the same issue. I have uninstalled & reinstalled with no success. I have installed the 32 bit version with no success. It freezes no matter what I do rather than populating the list of albums.

Here is a screenshot of the issue.

Any help would be appreciated as I am trying to set your application up for a client.

Thanks,

Aaron
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Google Connect Plugin Hangs

Post by gpb »

Hello,
after you authorized gPhotoShow it loads the list of Photo Albums and files in Drive, if the number is high it could take some time. Do you know how many files Photos and Drive contain ?
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
jacobson.aaron

Post by jacobson.aaron »

Thank for the speedy response.

I subscribe to Google's 2TB Cloud Storage through the use of Google's "Google Backup and Sync" software. Backed up from my computer I have 800gb used totalling about 95,000 file. On a side note, the "Google Backup and Sync" software backs my computer's drives into a separate COMPUTER section than the free Google Drive storage. I also have years worth of phone snaps uploaded the Google Photos. See image...

It seems a bit overkill to scan the entire file library of someone's Google Drive. Doesn't the API allow you just to populate a list of folders and have the user select folders to include in the search file search instead of brute forcing an entire scan? Maybe even give the user the option to scan just the "Drive" and/or "Computers"?

In the plugin's current state, it work for me but my client shouldn't run into my problem as they only use Drive for and needs ONE SINGLE Shared Album from Google Photos to display on a TV.

Regards,

Aaron
jacobson.aaron

Post by jacobson.aaron »

Okay, so I left it alone and it finally populated folders after 7m 45s. Maybe pop up a message before scanning the explains it might take a while to scan all photos.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Hello,
in Google Drive folders are files with a special Mime type, gPhotoShow queries all files that have that specific mime type, the query only returns folders and I was not aware that it could take a really long time, I only have few thousands files on my drive.
On next release I will add some kind of progress windows and an option to avoid scanning google drive.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
robertlevy

Post by robertlevy »

For me, the control panel crashes when the google plugin starts to search for photos :(
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Thanks for the log. Crash was caused by the quota error not handled correctly.
It has been fixed in v1.2.2

I also asked Google to raise quota for api calls
robertlevy wrote: Fri Sep 13, 2019 4:49 am For me, the control panel crashes when the google plugin starts to search for photos :(
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com