gPhotoShow Plugin Feature Request

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
footloose

gPhotoShow Plugin Feature Request

Post by footloose »

I think it would be great if both plugins, Clock (& calendar) and Weather, had a feature to be able to browse to load a favorite custom background. Not only would this feature provide the opportunity to use favorite backgrounds, but backgrounds could also be made to coordinate with each other.

Also, it would be nice if the weather did not fade out at the same time the photo description fades out.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: gPhotoShow Plugin Feature Request

Post by gpb »

Hello,
adding your own background is very easy for Weather Plugin, just open the gPhotoShow installation directory (c:\program files (x86)\gPhotoShow or c:\program files\gPhotoShow) then Plugins\Weather Skins\Bkg, drop here your background in jpg or png format, then open the plugin settings windows and you can choose your background.

The clock plugin background is more complex because the background image must also contain clock hands, take a look at the images in Plugins\Clock Skins
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
footloose

Post by footloose »

Thank you. I didn't realize the backgrounds could already be changed.

car-collection.jpg
car-collection.jpg (499.93 KiB) Viewed 5719 times

I was able to change the Weather and calendar backgrounds to Black using the following:

01. Default Black_d.png & 01. Default Black_d.ini

However, they did not work when I substituted "Brown" or other colors to replace "Black."
That is, the calendar items did not display properly.
Please tell me how to do it correctly?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Clock skin file name must terminate with _c for clock or with _d for date. For example "Black_c.png"
For date skins the .ini file contains positions and attributes of text
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
footloose

Post by footloose »

Thank you for the directions. Skins are working very well.

One more question: The default font in the weather plugin is set to Arial, regular, size 14.
When I change those settings to bold or a bigger size, on closing the settings revert back to regular size 14.
How can this be solved?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

In Weather Plugin you can only change font face, font weight is always set to "regular" and size depends on panel size, if you increase display size in Settings window plugin will automatically use a bigger font.

If you wish to experiment .ini files in "Weather Skins" contain position and size of different panel elements, for example "03- Details.ini" i1-h=120 is temperature height
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com