Enable background file list synchronization

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
shevestarp

Enable background file list synchronization

Post by shevestarp »

I have a lot of photos (500,000+) in many folders, so gPhotoshow displays a window telling me to, "Please wait - folder scanning in progress." I figured out how to disable the window by going to File Options and checking the "Enable background files list synchronization" box; however, when I do this gPhotoshow displays a large balloon in the window's place telling that Background file listing is enabled followed by another balloon telling me when it is done!

To me the whole point of enabling background synchronization is so that you don't see a message about file list synchronization!

Does anyone know how to disable the balloons?

It seems that gPhotoshow will tell me what's going on in the foreground even if I tell it to work in the background!

For troubleshooting this is fine, but it is annoying when I am trying to show someone a slideshow. I mentioned that I have a large number of images, so you can imagine how long it takes to scan (between 15 and 120 seconds for large shows). All the while I must either watch a window that shows the file listing activity or see a balloon that tells me the file listing activity is going on in the background.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Enable background file list synchronization

Post by gpb »

Hello,
the balloon about background synchronization is normally displayed only the first time, when gPhotoShow has no file in its cached list. If you tick the option to save files list gPhotoShow will never display that balloon again because it will start with the cached list.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Enable background file list synchronization

Post by gpb »

NoFileScanMsg.zip
(264 Bytes) Downloaded 322 times
The zip attached to this message contains a reg file to disable the baloon message. Download, open the zip, double click on NoFileScanMsg.reg and accept all windows prompts
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com