Feature Request: Dynamic Text Overlay

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
jordanbitz

Feature Request: Dynamic Text Overlay

Post by jordanbitz »

Hello, I'd like to request a feature be added. I use gPhotoShow to display graphics on an over the air TV channel that broadcasts audio from a local radio station. I'd like to be able to display current title/artist information on screen. I tried using the RSS plugin to display a Twitter feed but that didn't work the way I had hoped, showing only the newest tweet and not cycling through a bunch of the old ones. I'd really like to just use the .txt file that my audio playout system spits out and display it onscreen and have it update automatically. Can this feature be added or perhaps a plugin developed? I use gPhotoShow on four music channels and this feature would be huge. Thanks.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Feature Request: Dynamic Text Overlay

Post by gpb »

Hello,
a plugin to display content of a text file is in the features request list but at the moment I have no time to develop it. Other users with similar needs used the RSS plugin. This plugin can also load local xml files just use an url beginning with file:// followed by file name with full path (file://c:\mydir\myfile.xml)
There are offline RSS feed editor/builders that can be used to build your local RSS feed or you can download a RSS feed and edit it with Notepad++, it should be quite simple because RSS plugin only uses titles
I don't know why the twitter feed didn't work, RSS plugin displays all titles contained in the feed maybe it depends on tool used to generate the feed
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
jordanbitz

Re: Feature Request: Dynamic Text Overlay

Post by jordanbitz »

Thanks!

I tried the XML trick and it works like a charm! I'm using Dropbox to send the .XML file from my audio server at the radio studio to the gPhotoShow machine at the TV studio.