Suggestion: A way to filter/ignore certain characters in folder names

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
cmyden

Suggestion: A way to filter/ignore certain characters in folder names

Post by cmyden »

Hello,

I recently registered gPhotoShow Pro, because it's exactly what I was looking for as a great way to display my large collection of photos across multiple monitors. It's a great screensaver, and thanks for the large variety of different configuration options.

I like to display my photos with a thick, white border, and use a font that kind of looks like handwriting to display the folder name that the picture is from.

It ends up looking like this...

You can see at the bottom that it displays 10-Turkey-

This is because I have my pictures in a folder structure like this...

08-Greece-
09-Italy-
10-Turkey-

etc, etc.

I would love for it to just show Turkey

My thought was that perhaps in the advanced settings, there could be a way to filter out certain characters from the folder path? (I could filter out all numbers and dashes for example). Or perhaps a way to ignore a specified number of characters from the beginning and/or end of the partial folder path.

If there is already a way to do what I'm hoping to do, I apologize. I looked everywhere, but could not find a way.

I realize I could change my folder structure, but it would ruin a lot of other things in my system that depend on this structure.

Thank you
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion: A way to filter/ignore certain characters in folder names

Post by gpb »

Hello,
with current version there is no way to do what you ask. I added your request to feature request list.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com