Cannot disable "logon screensaver"

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Andrej

Cannot disable "logon screensaver"

Post by Andrej »

I "set gPhotoShow & saved" in System Settings -> Logon Screensaver and now I have "logon screen saver is set to: gPhotoShow.scr"

Now I would like to disable the logon screen saver and restore it back as it was. I tried to "restore default" but it seemed to have no effect. It still says "logon screen saver is set to: gPhotoShow.scr", even after a reboot.

Can I only do it outside gPhotoShow, following something like this http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/55 ... sable.html ?

I have gPhotoShow Pro 7.2.2.756, Windows 7.
Andrej

Re: Cannot disable "logon screensaver"

Post by Andrej »

I logged off Windows to see if the screensaver starts on logon screen. The screensaver did not start. So had it been really disabled when I clicked "Restore Default"? Why does it still say ""logon screen saver is set to: gPhotoShow.scr" then?
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

Andrej wrote:I logged off Windows to see if the screensaver starts on logon screen. The screensaver did not start. So had it been really disabled when I clicked "Restore Default"? Why does it still say ""logon screen saver is set to: gPhotoShow.scr" then?
It seems I did not wait long enough. The screensaver finally started after 5-20 min of waiting. It was strange, since I have configured it to start in 1 minute.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Last time I tested the function to set/restore the logon screen saver it worked, but you should consider the the restore function only set back the content of windows registry when used the function set. If works if don't manually edit the registry, if you set the screen saver manually then use gPhotoShow function to set the logon screen saver the restore will not work.
The wait time depends on the windows version, starting from Vista windows can decide to delay the screen saver.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

No, I did not edit the registry manually, at least not for setting a screen saver. I guess I will have to do it now, to remove the screensaver manually:(

I am not sure, may be I clicked ""set gPhotoShow & save" more than one time. Can it be the reason for "Restore Default" not working?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

No, you can click "Set" more than once, the original setting is saved only the first time. Unfortunately something went wrong and now the only solution is to reset it manually.
Which windows version are you using ?
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Andrej

Post by Andrej »

gpb wrote:Which windows version are you using ?
Windows 7 Professional, SP1
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I tested the function several times on Win7 SP1 and Win 8.1 and never found any issue. However it may happen, when playing with registry settings there is always a chance something goes in the wrong way :(
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com