Can't transition to different screensavers correctly

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
paul1965

Can't transition to different screensavers correctly

Post by paul1965 »

Using gPhotoShow Pro I configured the hotkey plugin to toggle between 3 different screensavers: 2 of which are photowall, the other is set up for pan and zoom. When trying to transition from a photowall gss to the pan and zoom gss, PhotoShow displays a black screen and instead of pan and zoom, and it simply cycles rapidly through the set of images at a rate of about 1 per second (and they are all left justified instead of centered). Then if I try to toggle back to another gss it will eventually crash. Did I set something up wrong, or can't PhotoShow handle this kind of transistion? I looked back through the forum and didn't see that anyone else had posted this type of issue.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Can't transition to different screensavers correctly

Post by gpb »

Until version 7.1.4 gPhotoShow Pro can't correctly change DirectX transition type on the fly. This issue should be fixed in v7.1.4, try to download it from the link below and let me know how it works:
http://www.gphotoshow.com/files/gpsprosetup-714.exe
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
paul1965

Post by paul1965 »

Thanks for the quick reply. According to the About, I am using 7.1.4.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

If didn't check if you are one of the 2 users that received the preview build of v7.1.4, in this case you need to download and install the version 7.1.4 I linked above it contains a fix for this issue
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
paul1965

Post by paul1965 »

You're correct and for the most part that did fix this issue. Now it stops the photowall, displays one image (from the photowall screensaver) on the left side then transitions to pan and zoom. Switching back to photowall is very smooth and no errant images are displayed. Thanks again for the quick reply.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Today I fixed also that image displayed at top left corner when switching to Pan&Zoom. Please download and install again v7.1.4 from that link.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
paul1965

Post by paul1965 »

Very nicely done! The transition between screensavers in nice and smooth now. I'm glad I decided to buy this program as your support has been awesome.