Text is giberish - Audio Plays on videos sometime

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
hereathome

Text is giberish - Audio Plays on videos sometime

Post by hereathome »

I am upgrading to a new pc running windows 8.1 I am having two issues.

1 The text from the information tab showing file path, date and other user selectable items is "gibberish". That is the font is illegible and has vaguely formed letters of a sort but are definitely not readable. What could the problem be?

2 I am using VLC to play the videos in the scree save and have gPhotoShow configured to "disable audio". But every so often the audio plays anyway. How can I stop the audio from playing.

Thanks for any help!
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Text is giberish - Audio Plays on videos sometime

Post by gpb »

hereathome wrote:I am upgrading to a new pc running windows 8.1 I am having two issues.
1 The text from the information tab showing file path, date and other user selectable items is "gibberish". That is the font is illegible and has vaguely formed letters of a sort but are definitely not readable. What could the problem be?
This bug or "feature" has been introduced in windows 8.0 and never fixed by Microsoft. A workaround was implemented in gPhotoShow Pro version 6.1.1
hereathome wrote: 2 I am using VLC to play the videos in the scree save and have gPhotoShow configured to "disable audio". But every so often the audio plays anyway. How can I stop the audio from playing.
VLC changed the way third party program should disable audio and this was fixed in gPhotoShow Pro 6.6.2

If you are using a gPhotoSho Pro version older than 6 I would advise to upgrade to version 7, the upgrade is not free but all those issue will be fixed. If you are using gPhotoShow Pro 6 download and install the update to v6.6.3
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
hereathome

Re: Text is giberish - Audio Plays on videos sometime

Post by hereathome »

Thanks. I upgraded to version 7 and everything works again! :-)