Panorama across two monitors

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
jbca

Panorama across two monitors

Post by jbca »

Hello

I am testing gPhotoShowPro as a replacement for the Windows screen saver. I am running two identical 1920x1080 monitors with Windows 8.1.

I want to display a static single image from a folder of panoramic images (aspect rations of greater than 20:9) stretched across dual monitors. I don't want scrolling across the image as on the "Panoramic Images" tab.

Under the "Multiple Monitor" tab, "Display Method", the first 3 choices "A different image on each monitor", "Same image on all monitors",
and "Only one image on one monitor sequentially" work as expected. The full width of each panorama is displayed on a single monitor, with background color above and below.

However "Only one image spanned on all monitors" gives only the background color on both monitors, with no images displayed.
How can I get the full width of a single panorama to be stretched across the two monitors?

Thank you, Jon
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Panorama across two monitors

Post by gpb »

Hello,
it's hard to guess why only the background color is displayed. Usually this happens when gPhotoShow has no picture to display or when the directory scanning is in progress.
What does it happen if you only change the setting from "Only one image spanned on all monitors" to "A different image on each monitor" ?
Did you try to change the transition type (Standard/DirectX) ? How are the positions of your monitors ? Is primary on the left or on the right ?
If it doesn't work yet I need to see the gPhotoShow log file. To enable error logging go to the About section of the gPhotoShow configuration window and tick the option "Enable error logging...". Start gPhotoShow then wait 20-30 seconds, stop the slideshow, open again the configuration window and from the About tab click on the Open button, save it to a location of your choice and send it to me via pm or email. If you can't send it using forum tools please contact us from the contacts form
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
jbca

Post by jbca »

Gianpaolo

Thanks for the quick reply.
The "A different image on each monitor" setting shows 2 different images as expected.
I was running the primary monitor on the right. That seems to be the problem. When I change the primary monitor to the left it works correctly.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Hello,
this issue has been fixed in version 6.6.3, you can download it from here
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com