Options not being saved

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Nightwolf67

Options not being saved

Post by Nightwolf67 »

So I just paid to upgrade from version 4 to the newest version and I already found one thing that's kind of annoying me. If I start the screensaver, then press C to open the options screen, any changes I make are not saved. When I exit and restart, all the settings are back to the way they were. Is this an intentional feature or a bug? What's the point of allowing me to open the config screen if they're not going to be saved?
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Options not being saved

Post by gpb »

Nightwolf67 wrote:So I just paid to upgrade from version 4 to the newest version and I already found one thing that's kind of annoying me. If I start the screensaver, then press C to open the options screen, any changes I make are not saved. When I exit and restart, all the settings are back to the way they were. Is this an intentional feature or a bug? What's the point of allowing me to open the config screen if they're not going to be saved?
When the settings window is opened while the screen saver is running the settings are not saved, they are valid only for that session. I think the behavior was the same also in version 4. Are you sure that in the old version the settings were saved ? Which options do you usually change ?
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Nightwolf67

Re: Options not being saved

Post by Nightwolf67 »

I'm not positive about version 4, but I think it saved them. When setting up the screen saver I sometimes fiddle with the on screen font colors and sizes (I usually have the full path and file name, as well as the clock displayed). It's not that big of a deal.