Different Folders for different screens

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Enigma

Different Folders for different screens

Post by Enigma »

Hi,

until now I used two monitors with identical resolution (1280 x 1024 px), and gPhotoShow was perfect for this setup. Now I purchased an additional 27" monitor with a 2560 x 1440 px resolution and rotated one of the two other monitors so it's now in upright format ("portrait"). As a result, every monitor has its own aspect ratio. I'd really like to be able to define three different folders, where one contains photos in landscape format, another images in portrait format and the third one panorama photos. Each folder should be assigned to a different monitor.

Actual Window Manager has such an option, but generally I like gPhotoShow much more. Do you think it would be possible for you to add this feature?

Thank you very much in advance! :)

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Different Folders for different screens

Post by gpb »

gPhotoShow has powerful filters and you really don't need a function to assign the content of a folder to a monitor. Take a look at the filters configuration, for each monitor you can set which kind of pictures to display. For example you can choose only vertically oriented pictures or pictures with a specific size. You can even filter by the full path name in this way you can display on a specific monitor the content of a directory exactly as you wish.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Enigma

Re: Different Folders for different screens

Post by Enigma »

Great, thank you very much for pointing this out to me! :D Sorry, I never used the filters, and I didn't expect them to have an effect on the per-monitor selection, so I didn't take a closer look. I promise to be more observant the next time. ;)

Cheers,
Jan
You have moved the mouse. Windows must be restarted for the changes to take effect.