Screensaver no longer spans two monitors

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
dave21740

Screensaver no longer spans two monitors

Post by dave21740 »

I'm using gPhotoShow Pro 6.0.1 U on a two-monitor system (Windows XP Pro) with UltraMon 3.1.0. I normally have gPhotoShow configured to display a single image spanned across the two monitors. That was working fine, until I started playing with some of the display options within gPhotoShow. I wasn't keeping track of changes I was making, but when I set the config back to what I thought were the original settings, the screensaver displayed half of the image on one monitor only (the secondary) and left the other monitor blank. If I set it to display a different image on each monitor, the screensaver works fine -- two different images are displayed simultaneously on the monitors. But when I change back to span the image across all monitors, only the secondary monitor has an image (half of the image).

I feel like I may be missing something obvious, but I can't find any setting within gPhotoShow that makes the image span both monitors as it used to when the display method was set to span all monitors.

Thanks for any ideas!
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Screensaver no longer spans two monitors

Post by gpb »

Check the settings in "Multiple Monitors" page and make sure that:
- "Display only on secondary monitor" is NOT ticked
- "Display method" is set to "Only one image spanned on all monitors"
- "Split screen" is NOT ticked
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
dave21740

Post by dave21740 »

Turns out it was because I had selected DirectX on the Transitions page. I didn't remember having changed that parameter, but I must have. In any case, I set it back to 2D transitions and gPhotoShow is now working brilliantly again :D
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

dave21740 wrote:Turns out it was because I had selected DirectX on the Transitions page.
Generally gPhotoShow should be able to display a single image spanned on multiple monitors also when DirectX is used, but in this case it mostly depends on the version of windows, drivers and display adapter. Multi headed adapters usually work without problems but if you have two or more display adapters it is possible that DirectX can't use them together.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com