Not detecting TouchPad on Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
RogueWire

Not detecting TouchPad on Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme

Post by RogueWire »

Hi, I'm a long time Mouse Speed Switch user, and I just got a new laptop, a ThinkPad X1 Extreme (model 20MF000BUS), running Windows 10 Pro. Mouse Speed Switcher doesn't appear to detect movement from the built-in touchpad.

This laptop has both a touchpad and trackpoint (little red nub in the middle of the keyboard that acts like a mouse-joystick). Mouse Speed Switcher lists two devices, a "Synaptics Pointing Device", which triggers when I use the trackpoint nub, and a "HID-compliant mouse", which does not seem to be triggered by either the nub or the touchpad.

If I plug in a USB mouse, a second "HID-compliant mouse" is listed, and that one I does register with Mouse Speed Switcher, and properly switches when I move the mouse.

So right now, despite having all 3 devices setup in Mouse Speed Switcher, only the USB mouse and the nub will cause Mouse Speed Switcher to react. The touchpad does not.

Here's my configuration:
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Not detecting TouchPad on Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Extreme

Post by gpb »

Hello,
unfortunately some device drivers don't support raw input, in this case they are not listed and automatic setting change is not available
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com