Slides in a window

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
photowag

Slides in a window

Post by photowag »

Has anyone found a way to present a slideshow in a wind rather than full screen?
I have seen people with lovely images or family photos rolling round in a small window next to their work and would like to create such an opportunity.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Slides in a window

Post by gpb »

WallpaperSS is a wallpaper changer, it changes the wallpaper of the windows desktop for this reason it can't be used to display a slideshow inside a window
gPhotoShow Pro could be used with appropriate command line parameters
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
photowag

Post by photowag »

OK, so, as a novice, what are the command line parameters?
Would I add these to the end of the target in a shortcut? Thanks
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Command line parameters are additional parameters passed to the application when you start it, this can be done from a command prompt or a shortcut
gPhotoShow Pro is a screen saver that can also be used to create slideshows, basically you can save slideshow settings to a file then start gPhotoShow with a shortcut specifying the settings file and some additional parameters
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
photowag

Post by photowag »

OK, as far as I can see this just alters the position of gPhotoshow. I'd like to create a gPhoto .exe file that displays in a window, but I'm understanding now that there are no switches available for that. Is that right?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

All gPhotoShow Pro parameters are documented in MCommandLine.txt in gPhotoShow Pro installation folder.

To display a slideshow inside a window you need /w, for example:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\gPhotoShow\GPhotoShow.exe" /w:0,0,1200,800,2 /s D:\_My Pictures\slide1.gss

You can start the program from command prompt or create a shortcut to gPhotoShow.exe and add the parameters
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
photowag

Post by photowag »

Brilliant! Just what I needed. Thank you for your patience, and for being there when I needed help!
photowag

Post by photowag »

One more query: can a similar effect be created with a gPhoto exe file, so that the show can be distributed to users who do not have gPhotoshow installed?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

No, slideshows created by gPhotoShow are quite limited and can't display the slideshow inside a window
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Truthowl

Post by Truthowl »

You may be able to do so with Irfanview. Irfanview also lets you make .exe and .scr from your images. Irfanview is freeware and doesn't not advertise or sell your info if you register.