Auto-resize image to fixed height, keeping aspect ratio

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
drueckeberger

Auto-resize image to fixed height, keeping aspect ratio

Post by drueckeberger »

Hi,

I just bought Wallpaper Slideshow Pro and I would like to know if there is an option to auto-resize images to a fixed height (or width) while keeping the aspect ratio.

It perfectly resizes them to the height of the 1080px monitor, but this will cause the images to overlap with the taskbar.

Also, to have more of an gallery like picture feeling, it would be nice to set a fixed height to resize to.

E.g. I have a 1080p monitor, but I only want pictures to be resized to a 800p height to have borders completely around the image. This makes it look much more elegant and beautiful :)

Is this maybe possible to set up?

If not, please include it in the next update. Thank you.
example.jpg
example.jpg (193.87 KiB) Viewed 6380 times
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Auto-resize image to fixed height, keeping aspect ratio

Post by gpb »

Hello,
WallpaperSS can add a frame around images, open WallpaperSS settings, click on Options button then tick the option "Display a frame around images". Now you can customize the frame by clicking on "Settings..". You can set a color and left/right and top/bottom borders.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
drueckeberger

Post by drueckeberger »

Hi,

Thank you for the reply, but I was not talking about the frame around the image. As you see on my example screenshot, I already have the frame settings activated :)

I am talking about the size of the image. I want to be able to set a fixed size (height).

All images should be auto-resized to the red rectangle I drew on my screenshot. For example 800px height. So every image is not resized to screen size (1080px), but to my fixed height (e.g. 800px or 700px or 900px).
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

WallpaperSS always resizes to fill the screen, there is no way to have a smaller image
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
drueckeberger

Post by drueckeberger »

Then I would like to request this feature be added to future versions.
Please add possibility to auto-resize to a fixed height in pixels. (Not only full screen height)