WSSPro access failure

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Russthehead

WSSPro access failure

Post by Russthehead »

A few weeks after purchase of WSS Pro, my PC is telling me 'Windows cannot access the specified device, path or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item.' I cannot find a solution.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: WSSPro access failure

Post by gpb »

Did you try to install the program again ?
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Russthehead

Post by Russthehead »

Yes, no success!
Russthehead

Post by Russthehead »

Uninstall/re-download/reinstall generates "Unable to execute file C:\Program Files (x86)\WallpaperSSPro\WallpaperSS.exe CreateProcess failed; code 5 Access is denied
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

The issue is probably caused by your antivirus or other security program. Check its logs or messages. Anyway I think only solution is to exclude WallpaperSS folder and install the program again
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Russthehead

Post by Russthehead »

I have excluded WSSPro from my AV, uninstalled, reinstalled to no avail.
Russthehead

Post by Russthehead »

I have had MS and McAfee AV both controll my PC via remote sessions and still cannot get any access to WSSPro. McAfee state that the issue is down to WSSPro. MS have amended my user administrator privileges TNA. I feel like I am being passed around by people who cannot get to the route of the issue. I only purchased my WSSPro licence about a month ago, and it now feels I wasted my money. Even with AV completely switched off, WSS fails to run. Reinstalling fails too. Incredibly frustrating.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

As I already wrote you by email about this issue.
This is an issue of your computer. WallpaperSS is a program that runs without admin rights and can't in no way prevent users to run it. The message you see is displayed by windows because you (you as windows user) are now allowed to access to that program or folder.
Unfortunately I can't give you a solution, there are a lot of programs and windows policies that cause that kind of issue. I can only give you support about the program not windows or antivirus programs.
BTW, you purchased the program about 2 months ago and I suppose it worked before this issue. You should understand what happened when it stopped working, maybe you update a program or installed something else.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com