Any way to stop all images being cropped to centre of photo (in photo wall mode)?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
n2oukdnb

Any way to stop all images being cropped to centre of photo (in photo wall mode)?

Post by n2oukdnb »

Hi, is there any way to stop the photo wall collage mode from cropping to display just central part of the photos? Is there a certain size the images should be ideally, to stop this, or any setting? Just need to find out if this is possible or not as it will be a dealbreaker for the organisation I work for's requirements with displaying a photo wall, thanks and all the best.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Any way to stop all images being cropped to centre of photo (in photo wall mode)?

Post by gpb »

Hello,
sizes of the photowall images are calculated by the program based on the screen size and the settings so what you ask is not possible.
However if you choose to display only small or large images you could take a screen shot of the photowall and calculate the optimal size needed for you specific screen size and settings.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
n2oukdnb

Re: Any way to stop all images being cropped to centre of photo (in photo wall mode)?

Post by n2oukdnb »

Oh I see thanks that is helpful, just knowing that it is possible to stop images being cropped if you calculate the right size that they should be depending on your screen is great. Also is there a recommended PC spec for running photo wall mode with regular transitions between the photos, say every minute? With not a huge amount of images say max 100-200. I understand it will vary a lot depending on what people are doing with the software but is there maybe a minimum recommended, would an intel pc stick such as this be sufficient? https://tinyurl.com/y8zr7bhs
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

The program has no specific requirements, wallpaper transition is performed by windows itself when WallpaperSS changes desktop background. I think a pc stick should work fine
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
n2oukdnb

Post by n2oukdnb »

Thanks for your quick and useful replies. I have now had the chance to try out the screen shot idea and it worked perfectly. I have one more question, for portrait images, is there any way to automatically have black or blurred same image borders, like when you aren't on collage mode? Since from choosing large pictures only photo wall mode all the boxes are landscape and the cropping still happens for portrait images that have been resized based on the screen shot technique.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

PhotoWall has been designed in that way, it always crop pictures to fit them in the wall.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com