Slides in a window

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
photowag

Slides in a window

Post by photowag »

Has anyone found a way to present a slideshow in a wind rather than full screen?
I have seen people with lovely images or family photos rolling round in a small window next to their work and would like to create such an opportunity.

gpb
Site Admin

Re: Slides in a window

Post by gpb »

WallpaperSS is a wallpaper changer, it changes the wallpaper of the windows desktop for this reason it can't be used to display a slideshow inside a window
gPhotoShow Pro could be used with appropriate command line parameters
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com

photowag

Post by photowag »

OK, so, as a novice, what are the command line parameters?
Would I add these to the end of the target in a shortcut? Thanks

gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

Command line parameters are additional parameters passed to the application when you start it, this can be done from a command prompt or a shortcut
gPhotoShow Pro is a screen saver that can also be used to create slideshows, basically you can save slideshow settings to a file then start gPhotoShow with a shortcut specifying the settings file and some additional parameters
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com

photowag

Post by photowag »

OK, as far as I can see this just alters the position of gPhotoshow. I'd like to create a gPhoto .exe file that displays in a window, but I'm understanding now that there are no switches available for that. Is that right?

gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

All gPhotoShow Pro parameters are documented in MCommandLine.txt in gPhotoShow Pro installation folder.

To display a slideshow inside a window you need /w, for example:

"c:\Program Files (x86)\gPhotoShow\GPhotoShow.exe" /w:0,0,1200,800,2 /s D:\_My Pictures\slide1.gss

You can start the program from command prompt or create a shortcut to gPhotoShow.exe and add the parameters
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com

photowag

Post by photowag »

Brilliant! Just what I needed. Thank you for your patience, and for being there when I needed help!

photowag

Post by photowag »

One more query: can a similar effect be created with a gPhoto exe file, so that the show can be distributed to users who do not have gPhotoshow installed?

gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

No, slideshows created by gPhotoShow are quite limited and can't display the slideshow inside a window
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com