Controlss not launching

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
mwellis99

Controlss not launching

Post by mwellis99 »

Just upgraded to version 8. When I double click on controlss nothing happens.

What I want is to be able to launch directly to the "change screensaver" window that does launch when I use the windows search from the start button and type screensaver (see screen shot). My older version of gPhotoshow folder used to have an executable named configgphotoshow pro that did this. I thought controlss would do it, but it does not, in fact does nothing at all.

Please provide instructions to create a desktop shortcut to launch to this control window. I can't figure it out.
Attachments
Change Screen Saver.jpg
Change Screen Saver.jpg (36.41 KiB) Viewed 9459 times
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Controlss not launching

Post by gpb »

Hello,
all versions of gPhotoShow creates a shortcut labeled "Configure gPhotoShow Screen Saver" in the windows start menu, another is optionally created on the desktop. If you can't find it simply uninstall and install it again.
About ControlSS, it never opened the Windows display applet with a double click, a double click on its icon starts the configured screen saver. To open that window right click its icon in the windows notification area a menu will be displayed, choose "Display Properties"
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
mwellis99

Re: Controlss not launching

Post by mwellis99 »

Thanks Gianpaolo, that took care of it. For some reason, there was no start menu entries, but a reinstall solved it!