500px Windows Screen Saver
gPhotoShow Pro Plugin
gPhotoShow Pro is powerful and flexible slideshow and screen saver creator, with the help of the 500px Plugin it can easily display photos from your 500px account or from global photo streams and use them as screen saver.
The 500px PlugIn can download photos from:
- Users photo streams
- Users favorite photos
- Users galleries
- Photos by users followed by the specified user
- Global photo streams (Popular, Upcoming, Fresh Today, Fresh this Week, Editors' Choice)
How to create an 500px Screen Saver
with gPhotoShow Pro and 500px PlugIn
First of all download and install gPhotoShow Pro and the 500px PlugIn from the download page
Once gPhotoShow Pro and the 500px plugin are installed you need to configure them. If this is the first time you use gPhotoShow Pro take a look at the gPhotoShow Pro Tutorial
1) Create a folder where to store photos downloaded from 500px, for example 500px inside your user profile
2) Open the gPhotoShow Pro configuration window and add to the list the folder just created
3) Select Plug-Ins on the tree on the left, then double click on the "500px" plugin to configure it.
First of all the PlugIn must be enabled by checking the control "Enable PlugIn", then in the field labeled "Folder to store downloaded images" you must set the same folder you added in the gPhotoShow list.
Add one or more queries. For example you can enter your 500px username or one of the global photo streams, in this screenshot we selected the "Editors' Choice" photo stream.
Since streams and queries with specific tags can find thousands of photos you can limit the amount of photos to download. By default the maximum is 100.
By clicking on the "Settings" button you can change some download settings, for example you can use photos description or owner name as caption.
That's all. Close all windows by clicking on "OK"in order to save changes. Next time the screen starts it will begin to download photos from 500px and after some seconds you will see them on your screen.