Screen Saver

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Aussiedude

Screen Saver

Post by Aussiedude »

Hi all and thank you for the help to come.
I am only new at this so please be gentle with me.
I have created a MP4 file containing 20 or so pictures, done the turn file into SCR and saved to the registry and it didn't work, so then copied the SCR file to Windows/System32 and it works no problem. In the Screen saver screen in Personalise/Lock Screen/Screen Saver Box the file comes up as gphoto Show Pro 8 - 64bit and it works but not the csreen saver file name that i saved it as
My question is this, I am a COMPLETE computer novice but I have also made another screen saver, saved to registry, load to System 32 but when I go to the Screen Saver screen and open the drop down list the screen saver that I built isn't there. If I go into System 32 and take out the previous Screen saver then it works.
How can I make several screen savers. load the into the system and have a choice of which one I want.
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Screen Saver

Post by gpb »

Hello,
I don't understand if you used gPhotoShow Pro as local screen saver or you used it to build standalone screen savers.
In the first case you can't have more than one screen saver. gPhotoShow pro is only one and its settings are saved to a single location. There is no way to have more than one screen saver.
It is possible to have more slideshows but this a different thing. Screen saver is started automatically by windows while a slideshow must be started manually by you.

In the second case(standalone screen saver) you can have more than one but they must have a different name. Moreover it is not a good idea to directly copy scr files to windows/system32 because the screen saver may not work, gPhotoShow can build a setup to properly install the screen saver.
Take a look at this quick tutorial:
https://www.gphotoshow.com/gpspro_tutor ... bution.htm

or this:
https://www.gphotoshow.com/gpspro_tutor ... standalone
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com