A few pictures are stretched

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Fitzwilly

A few pictures are stretched

Post by Fitzwilly »

Still using this great program, Gianpaolo. I do have a question that's been puzzling me for a while.

Some pictures, even though the rest are centered, will appear in stretched format. According to the log, the key: Stretch=0 is sometimes changed to Stretch=1. I can find no reason for this. The system (Windows 10, latest version) is set to center images. Virtually all of them will be centered, but occasionally an oddball will show up highly stretched. I ensure all my images are sized to either within 20 pixels of horizontal or 20 pixels of Vertical -- neither of which will exceed 1920x1080. Even the ones chosen to be stretched are actually less than the screen resolution in real life.

Is there something in the image properties that can cause this?

Bill
gpb
Site Admin

Re: A few pictures are stretched

Post by gpb »

Hello,
the property "center"/"fit to screen" is set for each image in WallpaperSS list. If some images are stretched instead of centered find them in the list, select them and change position to "Center"
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Fitzwilly

Post by Fitzwilly »

What list are you talking about? My images are in two folders, both listed in the "Images Add/Remove" box. The individual files aren't listed there. I have nearly 4000 images. The Options--Default Position is set to Center.

The WGS file doesn't seem to have that property anywhere for any of the image files listed.

Bill
Last edited by Fitzwilly on Fri Apr 08, 2022 3:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

It doesn't matter if you have folders or files, selected them in WallpaperSS list and check the drop down labeled "Position", it must be "Center"
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Fitzwilly

Post by Fitzwilly »

Sorry. Our posts crossed. The dropdown is (and always has been) set to Centered. This is why the "stretch=1" in the log is puzzling.

Bill
Fitzwilly

Post by Fitzwilly »

Found the problem. Operator error. When I divided my images into six separate folders, I thought I had gone through them and selected each one, then set the dropdown to Centered. I missed one. It was set to "Fit to screen." My fault. Since there were only six images in the folder, and I have things set to Random, it rarely hit one of those images.

Bill