Jpg Panoramas don't show up

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
mdolnik

Jpg Panoramas don't show up

Post by mdolnik »

I am able to get QTVR movs working (albeit with very poor performance), but the jpeg panoramas just show up black/blank.

Which plugins are required to get jpg panoramas to show up?

Are the jpg files ignored if they are not full panoramas (ie 360x180)?

Also for the option "Show JPG files with iSeeMedia Zoom ActiveX viewer" I cannot find this plugin anywhere on the internet.
iseemedia.com doesn't seem to exist anymore and I cannot find the plugin anywhere else (all other sites link to the dead iseemedia.com site)
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Jpg Panoramas don't show up

Post by gpb »

Hello,
support for 360x180 degrees panoramic images was added several years ago when the use of ActiveX components and Java applet was common. Things changed and now the iSeeMedia ActiveX is not available any longer, as alternate method gPhotoShow uses a web page with a Java applet but if Java runtime is not installed it will display a black page.
Also QTVR mov support is not optimal since it requires Apple Quicktime ActiveX and QuickTime on windows has not been updated since several years and will not be updated in future.
For now the best way to play spherical or cylindrical panorama is to create Flash swf files and add them to the "Video and Animations" page, then click on "Configure Video File Types..", tick the option to include .swf files and tick the option "Ignore play status, always play for " and set a display time for pano.
Of course the Flash/Shockwave ActiveX must be installed.
Simple panoramic images can be displayed as scrolling panos by adding them to the "Panoramic Images" page.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
mdolnik

Post by mdolnik »

Simple panoramic images can be displayed as scrolling panos by adding them to the "Panoramic Images" page.
This is probably the way to go right now, the other methods (flash / java applet) seem too cumbersome for a screen saver.

Are there any plans for any kind of native support for jpg panos in the future?
Possibly using the gpano exif data to get the panorama mappings, as some web javascript libraries do it?
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

There are no plans to add native support for spherical panos in gPhotoShow, only very customers used this feature. What I can do is to replace the old players with a new one based on javascript. If you know html you can do it by yourself. When gPhotoShow needs to display a jpeg file as pano it opens the web pages jpg1.htm and jpg2.htm stored in the Templates folder, you can replace the content of those files with a player of your choice
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Radhikahande

Post by Radhikahande »

Excellent thread! I got valuable information..Keep Up!