gphotoshow Video: fast forward or rewind?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Frit42z

gphotoshow Video: fast forward or rewind?

Post by Frit42z »

Hi
I'm using gphotoshow pro for watching several videos randomly. It works perfect, but im missing the possibility to fast forward or rewind the Video during the slideshow. In the settings it is not possible to assign a hotkey with this functions. In VLC i use hotkeys for this functions, but when i want gphotoshow to use the VLC Player playing works perfect but nothing happens if i press the hotkeys assigned in VLC.
So anyone knows any possibility to solve this problem?

thanks
gpb
Site Admin

Re: gphotoshow Video: fast forward or rewind?

Post by gpb »

Hello,
with the current version it is not possible to perform fast forward or rewind actions on video files, even if you configure hotkeys with VLC they don't work when VLC is used inside gPhotoShow. I will consider this feature for one of the next releases but keep in mind gPhotoShow is not fully featured video player, it is mostly used as screen saver and in this case navigating inside a video probably it is not so useful.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Frit42z

Post by Frit42z »

Hi,
Thank you for your answer.
I agree with you, gPhotoshow is a screensaver. (But it is also a little bit more ;)
Often when i have to create a collection from a big amount of files I use gPhotoshow to preview each file an if the current playing file is not good for me, I can erase it quickly. So most of the Files are beeing rated in a few seconds...
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

I see lots of users like to use gPhotoShow for different tasks :)
Anyway I recorded your feature request, since it is rather simple to implement probably will be included in one of the next updates.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com