Multiple Monitor folder rotation

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Tom.Gee

Multiple Monitor folder rotation

Post by Tom.Gee »

Hi,

I've recently purchased gPhotoShow Pro. I've found on my multi monitor system, that I can allow gPhotoShow to select a folder at random, per monitor, and produce photos from that folder sequentially on the selected monitor. This would be an ideal feature; however, it seems to have if not a "bug" at least a deficiency or two.

1) When there are many folders to select from, things apparently work as expected. A trivial annoyance is that the random selection jumps to a random photo within the sequence, then once that first image is displayed, seeks to the top photo in that sequence and from there progresses sequentially.

2) Of a little more concern, when a great, great many folders are available, several rounds of photos may be displayed on a few of the monitors, all coming from the topmost folder in the pool, and eventually several photos into the slide show, a random folder is settled on for all of the monitors.

3) Finally, of the greatest interest, is that the random folder selection for each monitor is not necessarily distinct. In the event that two of the monitors happen to point to the same source folder, I note that the image sequence is split, alternating between the two monitors. If a third monitor ends its sequence and its new random folder selection becomes that same source folder the other two are viewing, now all three monitors continue charging through that one folder sequence to its completion. This is far more noticeable when there are only a small number of source folders. In fact with a source pool of 8 folders, I've once observed all five of my monitors displaying images from a solitary, randomly selected folder, each having joined in as it reached the end of the sequence in its previous source folder. Ultimately, and providing of course that there are at least one more source folders than there are monitors, I would hope to see logic added to provide for a distinct folder selection for each of the monitors on the system.

Tom Gee
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Multiple Monitor folder rotation

Post by gpb »

Thanks for your feedback.
1) This is a bug, it will be fixed on the next update.
2-3) I didn't understand everything you wrote, anyway currently gPhotoShow doesn't perform any check to prevent the same folder to be displayed on more than monitor maybe this is the cause of the issues you describe. On next update probably there will be an additional option to choose whether to allow or not the use of the same folder on more than monitor.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
Tom.Gee

Post by Tom.Gee »

Thank You!

A distinct folder option would be a great addition. As for #2, this seems to be a timing issue. When there are a great many source folders to select from, the slide shows begin and continue to run before the initial folder selection logic has completed, apparently. Perhaps in fixing item #1, this too will be corrected.

I look forward to the next update.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

All issues should be fixed in v6.3.0
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com