Two Monitors - 2 differnt gss files?

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
AlexanderP

Two Monitors - 2 differnt gss files?

Post by AlexanderP »

Hi,
I would like to use for monitor 1 the config file A.gss and for monitor 2 the config file B.gss.
Is this possible?
Best regards from Vienna, Alexander
gpb
Site Admin

Re: Two Monitors - 2 differnt gss files?

Post by gpb »

Hello,
this is only possible by running multiple instances of gPhotoShow Pro, this can be done by using come command line parameters. The file MCommandLine.txt inside gPhotoShow installation folder contains all command line parameters supported by gPhotoShow.
This means that you can't run gPhotoShow as a screen saver but you need to start it manually by using a shortcut or a bat file script. I don't know whether you are familiar with bat files anyway to run gPhotoShow on specific monitors you can use the following command lines:

"c:\program files\gPhotoShow\gPhotoShow.exe" /m1 /s c:\slideshows\mygss1.gss
"c:\program files\gPhotoShow\gPhotoShow.exe" /m2 /s c:\slideshows\mygss2.gss

Of course you need the replace the path "c:\program files\gPhotoShow" with the real path of your gPhotoShow installation.
The parameter /mX controls where to display the slideshow and X is the monitor number.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
AlexanderP

Post by AlexanderP »

Hello,
Thanks for your fast response. No problem about creating a bat file.
Do you know, is it possible to start a bat file as a screen saver? I mean a screensaver start the bat file. Hopefully my request is clear.
gpb
Site Admin

Post by gpb »

As far as I know it is not possible to use a bat or any kind of script as a screen saver. I know some utilities allows you to run different screen savers on each monitor but in case of gPhotoShow it wouldn't help since the screen saver always loads its configuration from the system registry.
I don't know why you wish a different configuration for each monitor but if you only wish to display pictures or video from different folders you could use gPhotoShow filters, they allow you to choose which kind of files to display for each monitor.
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
AlexanderP

Post by AlexanderP »

Thanks, my intention is/was to display on monitor A - one picture and on monitor B - the new Scrapbook mode.
This was just an idea and not important. So let's close the task.
Best regards from Vienna, Alexander