GPhotoShow v6 2 issues Doesn't rotate NEFs...

Post your questions, bug reports and feature requests here
Larry

GPhotoShow v6 2 issues Doesn't rotate NEFs...

Post by Larry »

I just upgraded to version 6 and I'm loving it. You keep improving it. I see two issues so far.

1. I was happy to see support for RAW images, or NEF in my case since I use Nikon, since that's now my format of choice. But the NEF images are not rotating. I've checked the box on the display Options page 'Automatically rotate image using Exif Data' but it's not doing it. These are untouched images straight out of the D90 camera. I was happy to see that Picasa does rotate NEFs, so does Irfanview. I used to spend a lot of time rotating .jpgs.

2. On the new Scrapbook feature, as the smaller pictures are displayed, the background picture starts moving around faster and faster (Pan & Zoom setting). When the smaller pictures clear, the background resumes its slower pace. When the next small picture appears, the background goes back into a dizzying speed.

Scrapbook Wishlist: As the Nth picture appears, the 1st one fades out, where 'N' is settable. This would keep a running display of 4 or 5 pictures, ever changing. The background should also change per it's normal setting.

I captured my settings and one screen showing the unrotated picture HERE https://picasaweb.google.com/1033891195 ... c-O88zYgwE

Thank you, Gianpaolo!

Larry
gpb
Site Admin

Re: GPhotoShow v6 2 issues Doesn't rotate NEFs...

Post by gpb »

Thank you very much for your feedback.
First two posts from new users must be approved since some spammers flooded the forum with some thousands of messages I had a hard time to find and approve your post.
1. I was happy to see support for RAW images, or NEF in my case since I use Nikon, since that's now my format of choice. But the NEF images are not rotating. I've checked the box on the display Options page 'Automatically rotate image using Exif Data' but it's not doing it. These are untouched images straight out of the D90 camera. I was happy to see that Picasa does rotate NEFs, so does Irfanview. I used to spend a lot of time rotating .jpgs.
I will check this issue, I think to know where is the problem but it will probably take me some time to fix it.
2. On the new Scrapbook feature, as the smaller pictures are displayed, the background picture starts moving around faster and faster (Pan & Zoom setting). When the smaller pictures clear, the background resumes its slower pace. When the next small picture appears, the background goes back into a dizzying speed.
Very weird behavior I use this configuration on my pc too and never noticed problems.
Please enable error logging, wait for two or three cycles of fast/slow then stop gPhotoShow, get the log file and send it to me by email (click on the email icon here on the right)
Scrapbook Wishlist: As the Nth picture appears, the 1st one fades out, where 'N' is settable. This would keep a running display of 4 or 5 pictures, ever changing. The background should also change per it's normal setting.
I recorded your suggestion in the wish list :)
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com
gpb
Site Admin

Re: GPhotoShow v6 2 issues Doesn't rotate NEFs...

Post by gpb »

I received your log file.
That weird behavior depends on a specific set of settings, it happens only if both options are enabled:
- Transitions -> Image change at the end of each movement
- Multiple monitors -> Display Method: Same image on all monitors

This issue will be fixed in the update of gPhotoShow in the meanwhile you can simply change one of those options
Gianpaolo Bottin
gPhotoShow.com